|EECS645 Computer Architecture Spring 2022
Homework and Quizzes
- 01/17/2022 Welcome to EECS645 for Spring 2022!
- 01/20/2022 Quiz 01 solutions uploaded.
- 01/25/2022 Quiz 02 solutions uploaded.
- 01/28/2022 Quiz 03 solutions uploaded.
- 02/01/2022 Quiz 04 solutions uploaded.
- 02/05/2022 Homework #1 uploaded.
- 02/10/2022 Quiz 05/06/07 solutions uploaded.
- 02/10/2022 Homework #2 uploaded.
- 02/15/2022 Homework #1 solution uploaded.
- 02/15/2022 Quiz 08 solutions uploaded.
- 02/17/2022 Midterm I review video uploaded.
- 02/21/2022 Homework #2 solution uploaded.
- 02/22/2022 Midterm I solution uploaded.
- 02/27/2022 Recording of Lecture 08 uploaded.
- 03/03/2022 Quiz 09 solutions uploaded.
- 03/03/2022 Recording of Lecture 10 uploaded.
- 03/03/2022 Homework #3 uploaded.
- 03/07/2022 Quiz 10 solutions uploaded.
- 03/08/2022 Recording of Lecture 10 (second part) uploaded.
- 03/10/2022 Homework #4 (optional) uploaded.
- 03/31/2022 Quiz 14 solutions uploaded.
- 04/05/2022 Quiz 15 solutions uploaded.
- 04/07/2022 Homework #6 (optional) uploaded.
- 04/07/2022 Quiz 16 solutions uploaded.
- 04/09/2022 Homework #5 solutions uploaded.
- 04/11/2022 Recording of Midterm II review uploaded.
- 04/17/2022 Midterm II solutions uploaded.
- 04/25/2022 Homework #7 uploaded.
- 04/27/2022 Homework #8 (gem5 assignment) uploaded.
- 04/29/2022 Quiz 18, 19, 20 uploaded.
- 05/03/2022 Homework #7 solutions uploaded.
- 05/03/2022 You can use grade calc for calculating your EECS645 letter grade.
- 05/04/2022 Homework #9 (optional) uploaded.
- 05/07/2022 Quiz 20 solutions uploaded.
- 05/10/2022 Final exam solution uploaded.
Prof. Mohammad Alian
Office Hours: Tu,Th 15:00 - 15:45 PM
Dinesh Ram Kota
Naga Chandrika Indlamuri
Lecture time: Tu, Th 4:00 - 5:15 PM
Class: LEEP2 G415
This is an introductory course on the design of single-chip microprocessors and systems.
The course covers materials including instruction set architecture, datapath design, control path design, pipelining, multiple-issue
superscalar processors, out-of-order processors, memory hierarchy, memory management, multicore, caches, memory technologies,
data-parallel architectures, interrupts, and I/O structures.
Refer to the course syllabus for additional details
We use Canvas for discussion and course announcements. The lecture notes and other course materials will be uploaded to the course website.
There is a required textbook that you can freely access online in KU library website
"Computer Organization and Design, a Hardware/Software Interface" by D. Patterson, J. Hennessy (4+ edition)
KU library link
- Lecture 01: Introduction [PPT]
- Lecture 02: Performance and cost [PPT]
- Lecture 03: Benchmarks [PPT]
- Lecture 04: ISA [PPT]
- Lecture 05: ISA2 [PPT]
- Lecture 06: Arithmetic I [PPT]
- Lecture 07: Arithmetic II [PPT]
- Lecture 08: Synchronous Logic [PPT][Video],discussion[pdf]
- Lecture 09: Processor Single Cycle [PPT][Video1][Video2]
- Lecture 10: Processor Single Cycle II [PPT][Video]
- Lecture 11: Processor Multi Cycle [PPT][Video]
- Lecture 12: Pipelining - Intro [PPT]
- Lecture 13: Pipelining - Datapath and Ctrl [PPT][Video Doc Camera][Video screen capture]
- Lecture 14: Pipelining - Data Hazards [PPT]
- Lecture 15: Pipelining - Ctrl Hazards [PPT]
- Lecture 16: Memory - caches [PPT]
- Lecture 17: Virtual Memory [PPT]
Quiz 01 Solution [pdf]
Quiz 02 Solution [pdf]
Quiz 03 Solution [pdf]
Quiz 04 Solution [pdf]
Quiz 05 Solution [pdf]
Quiz 06 Solution [pdf]
Quiz 07 Solution [pdf]
Quiz 08 Solution [pdf]
Quiz 09 Solution [pdf]
Quiz 10 Solution [pdf]
Quiz 11 Solution [pdf]
Quiz 13 Solution [pdf]
Quiz 14 Solution [pdf]
Quiz 15 Solution [pdf]
Quiz 16 Solution [pdf]
Quiz 17 Solution [pdf]
Quiz 18 Solution [pdf]
Quiz 19 Solution [pdf]
Quiz 20 solution [pdf]
Homework 01 - due Feb 15th 4:00pm[pdf] solution[pdf]
Homework 02 - due Feb 21st 11:59am (Noon)[pdf] solution[pdf]
Homework 03 - due March 22nd 4:00pm[pdf] solution[pdf]
Homework 04 (optional) - no due date[pdf]
Homework 05 - due April 8th 11:59PM in Canvas[pdf] solution[pdf]
Homework 06 (optional) - no due date[pdf]
Homework 07 - due May 3rd 4:00PM [pdf] solution[pdf]
Homework 08 (gem5) - due May 5th 11:59PM in Canvas [pdf]
Homework 09 (optional) - no due date[pdf] solution[pdf]
Midterm 1 is scheduled for Tuesday February 22nd from 4:00PM - 5:30PM. Materials covered: until Lecture 07 (including). Midterm I Review [video], Midterm I Solution[pdf]
Midterm 2 is scheduled for Tuesday April 12th from 4:00PM - 5:30PM. Materials covered: until Lecture 12 (including). Midterm II Review[video], Midterm II Solution[pdf]
Final exam is on Monday May 9th from 1:30PM - 4:00PM. The exam will cover all the topics discussed during the semester. Solution pdf